Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sitting down to dinner with friends and family!

I love entertaining...whether it is for family, friends, large gatherings or a quiet romantic dinner for my husband and I. For me it is all about setting the table to make everyone feel just a little bit special. I am a plate freak!! I love all kinds especially the small salad/dessert plates because they are usually inexpensive and there are soooo many cute ones to choose from that really make a difference for your table setting! Cloth napkins...don't get me started on that....I can never have enough. My favorite are usually very large, solid and pure white stiff cotton fabric so that when you fold them...they stay in the shape you want...but I do have many in all different colors. Tablecloths....I actually don't have a ton of those but I would like to add to my collection! Silverware and goblets are another fav of mine. I do have some gold goblets, clear goblets and clear bubble glass goblets, and some large open goblets that are really fun to serve dessert in. I think I would like to get some pink goblets and maybe some cute martini glasses with a squiggly stem (even though we don't drink alcohol they are just so pretty). I also really enjoy using charger plates! I have a lot of gold ones and some deep cranberry red ones that look so nice with just plain white dishes on them! This blog will be dedicated to things beyond the regular dinner table. I will share fun ideas for centerpieces, tablecloth creativity using different fabrics, unique centerpiece ideas and tons more. If you have ideas that you can share please email me at admin@thestylesisters.net and we can post your ideas here too!

0 Tell me what you think: