Friday, March 28, 2008

The table is set!

Isnt' that a nice phrase..."the table is set" It means the food is about to brought to the table to be enjoyed by all. I remember growing up...my mom would usually set a nice table with colorful placemats and napkins. Mom always used some pretty dishes. and would find some colorful flowers to use for the centerpiece. It didn't have to be extravagant ...just some flowers from the backyard or a green plant from inside the house....it was just something to finish off the table. Looking at the table all set meant that dinner or breakfast was about to start! Eating together as a family was a part of our daily life. As we grew, mom would have either me or my brother set the table. Later on in life after my little sister was born, she also had the chance to set the table daily as well. Sitting around the table at the end of the day was nice way to hear about everyone's day. In my own home I have carried on that tradition.....it may not happen every night but I do try to make it happen most nights. What about you and your family?

0 Tell me what you think: